Songs & Updates for Saturday, October 10, 2026

 
28th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Here's to another solid Mass last week! It was fun pulling out All You Works of God again, and Make Me a Channel of Your Peace was a nice fit for the Feast of St. Francis! Here's the audio.

Welcome back to 'regular' Ordinary Time, and thanks again for a lovely Season of Creation!

Time-permitting, I'd like to take a peek at a new Closing song for October 24th, Go in Peace, Go in Love (GC3 #771). This is another gospel-style tune with only melody and a high descant. The refrain is (more-or-less) repeated twice, so it's a pretty quick piece!

This was just shared today, but Time & Talent will be held October 24th & 25th following all Masses. If anyone would like to join me, I'm planning to help man the Prayer & Worship table that Saturday. We haven't had much success with recruiting the last few rounds, but it's worth another shot!

A quick update on All Souls'. Mass will be celebrated on Monday, November 2nd @ 7 PM (no morning liturgy). Bev will be playing and it looks like we have a cantor too. I'm tied up that night, but will pass along the details if you'd like to help. Stay tuned!

Looking ahead to Advent, both Bev and I have conflicts on Saturday, December 5th. I'm hoping to line up a guest pianist. We'll also need someone to run rehearsal & Mass (I might be able to come late, but it would depend on how long another event runs). If interested, please get with me!

For Christmas, I'm looking into potential Prelude and Meditation music. This would be for Christmas itself or the following weekend (depending on how coverage plays out). Ideally, these would be relatively simple pieces that could be done with a small group & limited prep (avoiding the issues from last year). As always, I'm open to ideas!

I think that's it. Have a great week!

(All Mass Parts, except the Gospel Acclamation, are from Mass of Creation, including the Gloria, Holy, Eucharistic Acclamation 'B' (When We Eat This Bread), Doxology & Lamb of God)

Out: Karen, Jake, Ginny, Frank

Entrance:
SS #151 – Come to the Lord (Angrisano/Tomaszek)

**Let's plan to do all three verses. Also, don't forget about the key change leading into the final refrain! At the very end, they refrain is sung twice -- once in the original key and once in the new key.**

(Glory to God)

Responsorial Ps (Lisa):
SS #059 (GC3 #035) – Ps 23 – Shepherd Me, O God (Haugen)

**Anyone interested in singing the harmony on the refrain and/or verse 4? That verse 4 harmony is missing from SS, but is in the GC version. Also, don't forget about the quick transition from the refrain into verse 4 -- it's much shorter than the rest of the verses!**

Acclamation (TBD Frank):
SS #021 (Mass of a Joyful Heart) (vs 1) (Canedo)

Preparation:
GC3 #584 – Come to the Water (Foley)

**Since this is fairly long and at a slower tempo (don't rush!), we'll probably only get through 2-3 verses. Including the alto & tenor parts would be lovely!**

(Mass Parts)

Communion:
GC3 #739 – Within the Reign of God (Haugen)

**Third shot at this! If anyone would like to try the cantor parts, let me know! I don't mind doing them again, but happy to share too :-).**

Closing:
SS #113 (GC3 #775) – Go Make a Difference (Angrisano/Tomaszek)

**We'll plan for all three verses. Don't forget that the refrain is repeated the first time only. On the final refrain (and leading into the Coda), we can add in clapping. We'll also include the usual t4C fermatas on the very last "...difference in the world." Please watch!**

><>  ><>  ><>